WHAT IS INPUT?
- Any data or instruction entered into the computer is known as INPUT.
- An input device helps you to communicate with the computer.
- To enter information and issue commands, you use input devices.
- Examples of input devices:
- Digital Camera and Web Camera
- The keyboard is the most common and widely used input device.
- It is made up of buttons called ‘keys’. The keys are arranged into sections.
- A mouse is a pointing device.
- We use mouse to control the movement of the mouse pointer on the screen and to make selections from the screen.
- A scanner is a light-sensing input device that reads printed text and graphics and then translates the results into a form the computer can use.
- The image or text can be saved or changed on the computer.
- A microphone allows you to record your voice to the computer.
- It also lets you speak to other people using computers or even on the telephone.
- digital camera – Camera that contains a sensor and a microprocessor rather than film; it records and stores images in digital form, which can then be viewed on a screen.
Web camera – Miniature digital camera used to transmit video images in real time or for videoconferencing over the Internet.
Note: Most of the pictures are taken from http://visual.merriam-webster.com
Prepared by: Nurizah Binti Ramli [10D0124]